Transfer Credit Appeal Process
The Academic Placement & Assessment Office provides credit evaluation of coursework based on official transcripts from all institutions a student has attended. Also included in the evaluation process are documents that pertain to Credit for Prior Learning. A student may appeal a course transfer decision and request a re-evaluation of any transfer credit by following these steps:
- Review all transfer credit awarded by FTCC via WebAdvisor account, or with a counselor or advisor.
- Complete the online Transfer Credit Appeal Form.
- Obtain a copy of the course syllabus, course description, and any documentation that will support your appeal from the originating institution(s).
- Submit the completed Transfer Credit Appeal Form and all supporting documentation to the Academic Placement & Assessment Office.
- Retain a copy for your records.
The Academic Placement & Assessment Office will re-evaluate the requested course(s) for reconsideration through consultation with the appropriate dean, division, or department chair. Once the re-evaluation is complete, the decision will be mailed to the student's FTCC email account within 30 business days of the receipt of the appeal form, excluding holidays and college closures.
An Admissions Evaluator will contact the student through FTCC email if additional documentation is needed to make a decision. The student has 2 weeks from the date of request to supply documentation.
Click here to complete a Transfer Credit Appeal Form.
The Academic Placement & Assessment Office General Classroom Building, RM 109 Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 P.M. (Fall & Spring) Monday - Thursday, 7:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M. /Friday, 7:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M. (Summer) Telephone: (910) 678-8417 Fax: (910) 678-0085 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org