Blackboard Release 9.1 Student Tutorials
Blackboard Courses are available to students at 12:01 a.m. the first day of class.
Recommendations for Blackboard 9.1 SP14: Supported Browsers
Your current browser is:
Watch video tutorials to learn how to use a variety of tools provided in your online course, including grade center, assignments, assessments, discussion board, blog, and many more! Full list of Blackboard Videos LINK
- All videos are closed captioned. Click the CC button in the player to see the captions.
- Narration is descriptive of each task from start to finish.
- Interactivity can be skipped by keyboard stroke.
- Visual feedback shows the correct click path for all interactive elements.
- Longer videos allow viewers to skip segments.
Working in your course
- Checking Your Grades LINK
- Creating a Blog entry LINK
- Creating a Discussion Board Post LINK
- Creating a New Discussion Board Thread LINK
- Creating and Editing a Wiki Page LINK
- Course Menu Is Missing LINK
- Linking Wiki Pages LINK
- Submitting an Assignment LINK INFO
- Taking a test online LINKINFO
- Organizing Discussion Board Posts LINK
- Replying to a Discussion Board Thread LINK
- Viewing Discussion Board Grades LINK
- Viewing My Contribution to a WikiLINK
- Working in Group LINK
Staying Organized and Communicating
- Adding Events to Your Calendar LINK
- Sending Email From Your Course LINK
- Stay Organized by Managing Your Course and Personal Task LINK
Setting Your Preferences and Controlling your Environment
- Adding and Removing Modules from Your Blackboard Page LINK
- Changing Your Password LINK
- Changing the Color Theme on Your Blackboard Page LINK
- Customizing Your Group Homepage LINK
- Customizing Your Blackboard Page LINK
- Editing My Courses Module LINK
Respondus LockDown Browser
If your instructor creates a quiz or assessment using Respondus Lockdown Browser the computer you are using must have the LockDown Browser installed in order for you to take the test. If you are in an FTCC computer lab, please ask the lab tech if the Respondus LockDown Browser is on the computer you are using.
If you are off campus, you must install the Lockdown Browser on the computer. You will not be able to open
and take the quiz or assessment without installing this web browser on your computer.
Links below include download and installation instructions.
The Lockdown Browser will do the following when you open the quiz: