TOP 5 MISTAKES USERS MAKE
Management Information Services > Top 5 Mistakes Users Make
- Write passwords down and store them in accessible areas (under the keyboard, on the monitor, under the mouse pad). Passwords should be stored securely.
- Click on anything that has a link in an e-mail or open attachments that they are not expecting. Do not accept an attachment if you do not recognize the sender.
- Lead personal lives online at work and store personal information on work computers.
- Share account and log-on information. This information should be kept confidential.
- Walk away from their computers leaving the computer screen unlocked. Utilize the "Lock Desktop" icon on the desktop, keyboard shortcut "Windows" key + "L" key and lastly, "CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL" when the Novell Security box appears click on "Lock Workstation".