HOW TO LOG IN TO WebAdvisor
FIRST TIME LOGGING IN
1. On the WebAdvisor main page, click Log In, located in the upper right area of the screen.
2. The Log In Box displays:
Type your User ID in the User ID box.
Your User ID is the first 7 letters of your Last Name. (Use the full last name if less than 7 letters. If y our name has a hyphen, use the first 7 letters omitting the hyphen); the first letter of your First Name and the Last 4 digits of your 7-digit student ID number (located on the back of your Student ID card).
Example: John Brown, Student ID# 1234567 / User ID = brownj4567
Example: Mary Brown-Lewis, Student ID# 7654321 / User ID brownlem4321
3. In the Password box, type in your birth date in the mmddyy format.
Example: May 8, 1980 - Password is 050880
NOTE: THE FIRST TIME LOGGING IN, DO NOT CLICK THE HINT BOX.
4. Click SUBMIT.
5. A message will display saying your password has expired. You must change your password. Enter a new password which must be between 6 and 9 characters with at least one number; no special characters or spaces allowed (@#$%^&*_+ ). You also have the option to enter a password hint to remind you what your password in the next time you login.
6. Click OK.
7. You are returned to the Main Menu as a logged in member. Refer to the Main Menu at the start of this document and you will see that your name is displayed beside the "Welcome" message on the left of the screen.
8. Now you can click on the picture Icon for your area. The icons in color are the only icons available to you at the present time.
HAVING PREVIOUSLY LOGGED IN
If you have previously logged in to WebAdvisor and already changed your password then enter your login and new password. If you have forgotten your password or your password just is not working, follow the instructions for "Retrieving or Resetting Your Password". A link to these instructions can be found on the Help Desk web page.