Collaboration between employers and the Workforce Development Center is essential to workforce success. The Workforce Development Center offers a variety of services and resources designed to meet the needs of employers in the community. The purpose of these services is to:
- Reduce recruitment and training costs by finding qualified individuals that match
the employer’s needs and subsidizing the participant’s wages for the initial training
- Benefit businesses by enhancing the skills of potential employees through training,
in efforts to avoid layoffs, increase productivity and support company growth.
- Assist with long-term and short-term strategic planning by providing current Labor
- In the event of layoffs, provide resources to both the employer and affected employees in order to minimize the disruptions caused by such a traumatic event.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Federal bonding