Career and Technical Education Pathway
1. The Career and College Promise Career and Technical Education Pathway leads to a certificate aligned with a high school career cluster.
2. To be eligible for enrollment, a high school student must meet the following criteria:
a. Be a high school junior or senior;
b. Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses or have the recommendation of the high school principal or his/her designee; and
c. Meet the prerequisites for the career pathway (some testing applies).
3. To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must
a. Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, and
b. Maintain a 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
4. College Career Technical Education courses may be used to provide partial or full fulfillment of a four-unit career cluster. Where possible, students should be granted articulated credit based on the local or state North Carolina High School to Community College articulation agreement.
5. A student must enroll in one program of study and may not substitute courses in
one program for courses in another. The student may change his or her program of study
major with approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s
chief student development administrator. A student may simultaneously enroll in two
CTE programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the college's Chief
Academic Officer or his/her designee.