Please note: You cannot graduate from a program in which you are not enrolled! If you are enrolled in the A.A.S. Funeral Service program, but want to first complete the N.C. Funeral Director's program, then you will need to be enrolled in the FD diploma program (Or have the "dual option"). If you are not sure what program you are in, visit your WebAdvisor account or contact your advisor. If you need to be added to another program or change programs, contact a counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should you apply? Please go to this web page to determine when you should apply for graduation.
To graduate from the N.C. Funeral Director's diploma program (D55260) (Not the Funeral Service degree program):
- In your last semester of required courses with sufficient course grades, and having a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, you may apply for graduation by following the information and completing the graduation application found here. You will need to wait until the application is available in order to apply. Then:
- Ask the department chair to send an email or letter to the State Board of Funeral Service which will allow you to take the Board exam. Then:
- Sit for the board exam after you coordinate testing with the Board. (919-733-9380).
- At the discretion of the Board, you may receive a N.C. Funeral Director's license after completing the educational requirement, passing the State Board exam, and successfully completing the required apprenticeship or resident traineeship.
- Please remember, you cannot arrange or sit for the funeral director's exam until a graduation application has been completed and all courses satisfactorily complete.
To graduate from the Funeral Service degree program (A55260) (Not the N.C. Funeral Director's program):
- In your last semester of required courses with sufficient course grades, and having a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, you may apply for graduation by following the information and completing the graduation application found here. You will need to wait until the application is available in order to apply. The deadlines for submitting the applications are found above.
- Take and successfully pass the National Board Examination before graduation.
- If you pass you will only be responsible for taking and passing the N.C. Laws and Rules exam and completing your apprenticeship.
- You will receive information on the National board exam during your final semester in the funeral service program.
- You may be issued a N.C. Funeral Service License (at the discretion of the Board) after you have completed the educational requirement, passed the national Board exam, the N.C. Laws and Rules exam, and successfully completed the required apprenticeship.