Tom McLean Ambassador Program
The Tom McLean Ambassador Program is an honorary group of students selected to represent Fayetteville Technical Community College on-campus and off-campus. Each FTCC Ambassador receives a scholarship in recognition of service.
The FTCC Student Ambassadors are involved in a variety of activities both on campus and in the community. Some of these activities include assisting with on-campus registration, graduation fairs and ceremonies, fundraisers for FTCC, and various campus events. Each FTCC Student Ambassador commits to one full year of service to FTCC and attends and participates in events as scheduled / required.
We encourage you to apply for this prestigious opportunity to be the face of FTCC! You may apply online and access more scholarship opportunities at the Financial Aid web page.
Criteria – Applicant must:
- Have completed 12 hours of FTCC course work with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have at least one year of study remaining at FTCC.
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation from someone within the FTCC educational community (instructor, staff person, alumnus, or administrator).
- Be active in community service.
- Be willing to speak at events and host students and VIP’s.
- Be prepared to be interviewed by the selection panel.
- Commit to being an Ambassador and fulfilling the roles and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefit – Applicant will:
- Receive a $1,000 scholarship ($500 each semester)
- Form friendships with FTCC students, faculty, alumni, administrators, staff, and VIP’s
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with community leaders and employers
- Receive employment and College application skills
Instructions – Applicant must:
- Apply online.
- Enroll at FTCC and take a minimum of 12 credit hours to qualify.
- Submit the following attachments by April 30, 2015 to SCHOLARSHIP@faytechcc.edu or
- ATTACHMENT REQUIREMENTS -Student’s full name must be included on each of the following:
Two letters of reference from a someone within the FTCC educational community (instructor, staff person, alumnus, or administrator)
List of community service, awards, and/or accomplishments
|Updated by: Foundation@faytechcc.edu|