Military Enrollment Information
5 Easy Steps
It is easy for military students to start or continue their education. If you are a new student ready to enroll in courses or programs offered by FTCC, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Apply for admission
All active-duty, National Guard and Reserve Army students seeking to complete a degree with FTCC by using Army Tuition Assistance (TA) need to apply to college through the GoArmyEd portal using the Common Application.
Soldiers who are new to using TA may access the GoArmyEd portal by following these steps:
- Connect to GoArmyEd and select the "New Users" tab in the top-right corner of the screen
- Visit your local education center to select your program of study and to submit your Tuition Assistance documentation.
Soldiers with deactivated accounts, who have previously selected FTCC as their home college must update their Common Application through GoArmyEd.Important Information
- Please make sure to designate "Fayetteville Technical Community College" as your "Home College". FTCC cannot see or receive your Common Application if your home college is not listed as Fayetteville Technical Community College.
- Only your Army Education Counselor can officially change your "Home College" in GoArmyEd. This cannot be done by a student or the school.
- Students who are staying with FTCC, but wish to change their degree program, must contact their Army Education Counselor to make these changes.
Once your application is submitted, an account will be created with FTCC.
Step 2: Provide necessary documentation to FTCC
To be fully admitted to FTCC, all students must submit their High School transcript and complete a Common Application. To receive potential transfer credit, students should submit the following official transcripts: Joint Service Transcript (JST) and transcripts from any previous institutions attended; and any official score reports for College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST).
This is an Army requirement to participate in TA program.
Once a student has been approved into a Program of Study, a Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD) agreement will be processed and loaded in the soldiers GoArmyEd account.
Step 3: Plan which course(s) you want to take
After submitting your Common Application, FTCC will notify you by email and letter within 2-3 business days letting you know your seven-digit student ID number, default password, and additional instructions for logging into WebAdvisor and Blackboard.
While you are waiting for your password, take the time to review the degree requirements for your major.
- Areas of Study
- Determine which courses you need to take with this resource.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact FTCC's Fort Bragg Center.
Step 4: Register for courses
All active, Reserve Army, and National Guard students who wish to receive TA for their course(s) must register through the GoArmyEd portal. The courses are available for registration in GoArmyEd 2 months prior to the course start date.
Step 5: Pay for your courses
All Army students who register for courses via GoArmyEd will be prompted to verify the correct payment information prior to completing any course registration. As you proceed through the steps, the 'Enrollment Request Information' screen will be displayed. Please be sure to review the class cost information closely. Pay attention to the class cost covered by TA (in the GoArmyEd Amount field) and the class cost that you must self-pay (in the Student Amount field). Any amount listed in the 'Student Amount' field will then be billed to you by FTCC.
Note: Any registrations that take place outside of the GoArmyEd portal will generate a charge to your FTCC account, which you must pay. Information on tuition rates can be found on FTCC's Tuition and Fees page.
Student ID Card:
- Obtain the ID card in the General Classroom Building (GCB), Room 102
- Students should obtain their cards from Student Activities by providing the registration schedule and proof of payment of tuition and fees. When on campus, the ID card should be carried at all times.
To obtain a parking decal, go to Security in the General Classroom Building (GCB), Room 102. You will need the following documents:
- Your vehicle registration
- A valid FTCC Student ID card
- Proof of handicap registration (if applicable)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 910-678-1050 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
|If you have an immigration status other than U.S, Citizen, you will be required to submit additional documentation. Please visit the Admissions Office/International Students page.|