If you are expecting a loan disbursement, please make sure that you have accomplished the following three things.
1. Complete the Student Entrance Counseling module: www.studentloans.gov
2. Complete your Master Promissory Note: www.studentloans.gov
3. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
Loans are dispersed in three installments. Receipt of loans will vary depending on
the update policies of your personal bank. Please allow 2-3 business days for the
refund to arrive at your bank.
Aid Refund/Disbursement Release Dates
Loan Disbursement Calendar
Summer 2015 Disbursement Dates
Fall 2015 Tuition Rate Notice
Tuition rates are determined by the N.C. General Assembly each year. To date, the tuition rates for fall 2015 have not been set. Your fall 2015 tuition is based on the current rate of $72.00 per credit hour for in-state and $264.00 per credit hour for out-of-state. These rates are subject to change. If the General Assembly enacts a tuiition increase, you will receive a bill for the balance owed.
New Tuition Refund Guidelines
Beginning fall 2015, tuition refunds for dropped classes will be made as follows:
1. A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws (drops) prior to the first day of the academic semester/term as noted in the college calendar or prior to the first day of the class for classes that are not consistent with the academic semester/term. A 100 percent refund shall be made if the college cancels a course.
2. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws (drops) from a class prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the class.
Things To Remember...
Remember that your financial aid amount is based on the number of hours which you are reported attending. If you are in a fast track course (ex: course that begins later in the semester), the amount of your financial aid will be reduced until attendance is reported in these courses.
Those individuals who elect to participate in the William D. Ford Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan program should be aware that loans awarded are disbursed each semester in three installments. The amount due each student is affected by the number of credit hours taken plus the start date of the courses taken. Adding courses or Withdrawing from courses may affect your disbursement dates and amount. For an estimate of the amount of disbursement that you will receive, please visit the Financial Aid Service Center in Room 205 of the General Classroom Building.