Import FTCC's Course Template
Recommendations for Blackboard 9.1 SP8: Supported Browsers , Supported Operating Systems
Your current browser is:
FTCC's current version of Blackboard is 9.1 SP 8 (release 9.1.82223.0)
New for Service Pack 8 LINK
Release Notes LINK
Resolved Issues LINK
Known Issues LINK
FTCC Blackboard Basics
Course Availability and Logins LINK
Blackboard Usernames (Logins) LINK
Course Availability for Faculty LINK
Course Availability for Students LINK
Students Enrolled in Courses LINK
FTCC Blackboard Course Standards
Course Review Checklist LINK
Download Manditory FTCC Template LINK
Install Template LINK
Online Standards Handbook LINK
Print Template Import Instructions LINK
Assessing Learners LINK
Communicating & Collaborating LINK
My Courses Module List LINK
Understanding & Building Your Course LINK
Blackboard Instructor Help LINK
Blackboard 9.1 Videos on YouTube LINK
Clear Web Browser's Cache LINK
FREEWare Tools for Virtual Instructors LINK
Safe Assign Instructors Guide LINK
A Blackboard course consists of the Shell, FTCC’s Template, and Instructional Content.
- Shell: An empty Bb site. After logging into Blackboard the My Courses module lists your courses by title. Click on a course title to enter the course. This is the shell.
- FTCC template contains the file structure approved by the Online Standards Committee.
- Instructional Content: Content specific to a course. May contain objectives, lecture notes, study guides, assessments, etc. Content can be input directly into the course or copied from another course.
- Download and save the FTCC template to your PC DOWNLOAD LINK
- In the pop up box select Save and specify a location on your PC
- Login to Blackboard
- Enter the course you would like the template added to
- In the Control Panel select Packages and Utilities > Import Package/View Logs
- Click the Import Package button
- Click the Browse button
- In the File Upload pop up box, find and select the FTCC Template on your PC
- Click the Open button
- In the Select Course Materials area, click the Select All button
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page
- Click the refresh icon at the top of the course menu to see the new items
FTCC Template Update of May 9, 2012 follows:
- Site Map has been removed
- Syllabus I has been renamed Syllabus.
- Syllabus II has been removed.
- Under Student Support > Academic Support the following has been added: "If you need help with your academic program requirements, please contact your assigned academic advisor."
- Under Resources: Subfolders General Resources for Online Learners and Useful Links for this Class have been moved up a level and the folder External Links has been removed.
- Course menu order:
- Instructor Info
- How Course Works
- Discussion Board
- Student Support
Use the Course Review Checklist when building your course LINK
Refer to the Online Standards Handbook for additional information LINK
Enter the course you would like the template added to (Course Shell)
In the Control Panel select Packages and Utilities > Import Package/View Logs
In the File Upload pop up box, find and select the FTCC Template on your PC
The template is successfully queued and the import process is waiting
Verification that the process is complete
Click the refresh icon at the top of the course menu to see the new items
||Revised: October 10, 2012